Other Tourist Attractions around the Park:
A. Attractions in Borno State;
- Shehu’s Palace,Maiduguri
- Shores of Lake Chad,Baga
(The largest natural lake in West Africa that was once the epicentre of all the great ancient West Africa Empires)
- Lake Tilla and a Holiday Resort,Kwaya Kusar,Hawul L.G.A
- Jaffi Waterfalls,Hawul L.G.A,
- Biu Plateau(semi-temperate climate)
- Sanda Kyarimi Zoological Park, Maiduguri.
- Marama Mountains (houses traditional shrine of the Bura People, and some colonial boundary beacons).
- Lake Alau Dam,near Maiduguri.
- Sambisa Game Reserve
- Borno State Museum ,Maiduguri
- Pulka Rock Formation
- Durbar Festival at the Shehu’s Palace and other Emirs/Leaders/District Heads organized on special occasions/celebrations e.g. Sallah Festivals and Grand Performances
- Tombs of the first- four Shehus ,Kukawa
- Menwara Festival in Shani Local Government Area.
- Mandara-Gwoza Hills
- Chad Basin National Park Head Office Premises
B. Attractions in Adamawa State
- Sukur World Heritage Site, Madagali L.G.A.
C. Attractions in Yobe State
- Dufuna Canoe Site and Dufuna Canoe Museum(the oldest Canoe in Africa)
- Gogaram Ancient Settlement; Original home place of the Bade people. Still harbours the ancient capital city of the Badawas,relics of the Emir’s Palace/ruins of city walls and Royal Burial site.
- Birnin Ngazargamu :The then old capital of Kanem Borno Empire after the Kanuris deserted their earlier capital city Njimi having spent about 100 years there.